Terms & Conditions
By entering one of our events you acknowledge, understand and agree that:
- This Event is conducted under the relevant national governing body rules and conditions and I agree to acquaint myself with and abide by those rules and any Event Organiser instructions. The Event Organiser decisions are final in all circumstances. The Participant shall not be entitled to a refund of the Fees if he or she is disqualified from the Event as a result of an infringement of these Conditions or any such rules and regulations. The Event Organiser is also entitled to impose Event rules upon the Participant from time to time which will form part of these Conditions.
- By completing the registration process you are confirming that all of the information provided is correct. Entries to Tri Angus races are non-transferable without the specific written consent of the Event Organiser and you must not allow another person to participate in your name.
- By entering, you accept that your email address can be used for occasional newsletter and similar mailings from Tri Angus (Tri Angus will not pass any of your details on to 3rd parties without your express permission). However, the Event Organiser may pass to the sport’s governing body the personal details you have entered for this Event for insurance purposes. You can opt out of the mailing list at any time by emailing details to [email protected]
- I am aware that my bike and other equipment must be in a roadworthy/legal/safe condition and am prepared to submit my bike for official scrutiny immediately prior to the Event. It is the Participant’s responsibility to ensure that they have the correct equipment required for the Event and also to ensure that it is in suitable working order. The Event Organiser will not take responsibility for injury caused by faulty personal equipment.
- I understand that it is my responsibility to safeguard such clothing and equipment I may use.
- I understand that I must report to, and return my timing chip and any other equipment to the Finish Officials in every circumstance – even upon retiral from the Event.
- These events are a test of a person’s physical and mental fitness and has with it the potential loss of property, injury or death. The risks of participation include, but are not restricted to: weather conditions, road traffic, behaviour of other Participants, volunteer helpers, officials and spectators in and out of the event, dehydration, hypothermia and behaviour of animals. It is the Participant’s responsibility to ensure that they are medically fit to participate in any of the events advertised on this website. If you have any medical conditions which may affect participation you should first consult your GP and then inform the Event Organiser of the situation.
- It is the Participant’s responsibility to read all of the Event information in full detail – including course maps. The Event Organiser will not take responsibility for error as a consequence of Participants not reading pre-race information.
- If a Participant should lose their electronic timing chip during the Event, they will be charged £20 for a replacement chip.
- The Event Organiser may introduce cut off times as they see fit as part of the Event Rules. This may include limits on the time taken to complete sections of the Event to ensure the safe and proper running of the Event. Subsequently, Participants may be instructed to withdraw from the Event in accordance with imposed cut off times. No refunds will be offered in this situation.
- The Event Organiser reserves the right to change the course or format of the Event at any time for safety or other logistical reasons – as examples, in the case of poor water conditions, the right is reserved to change a triathlon event to a duathlon event. In the case of withdrawal of access permissions, the right is reserved to alter courses from the published ones.
- The Event Organiser reserves the right at any time to remove Participants from the Event or prevent Participants participating in the Event if it considers such action necessary. No refund shall be made if the Participant has acted negligently, maliciously, with wilful misconduct or otherwise without due care and attention for the Event or other Participants, so as to cause his/her removal.
- The Participant acknowledges and accepts that circumstances concerning an Event may change from time to time for reasons out of the Event Organiser’s reasonable control or otherwise, without the Event Organiser incurring any liability and without any rights to withdrawal being accrued by the Participant.
- By entering the Event the Participant consents to:
- his/her appearance in the Event being filmed, recorded, incorporated and exploite whole or in part in any television programme, film, video or broadcast of whatever nature by all means, and
- the use and reproduction of the Participant’s name, likeness, appearance and photographs, films and recordings by all means and in all media for the purpose of advertising, publicity and otherwise in relation to the exploitation of the Event (and future events) and/or the promotion of the Event (and future events) and the commercial rights relating to the Event (and future events) provided that such use does not imply direct endorsement by the Participant of any official sponsor or supplier of the Event.
- The Event Organiser will use best endeavours to provide an Event finish time for the Participant. However, it cannot be held responsible for any computer result anomalies or any technical malfunctions.
- The Event Organiser will not be liable for any actions of any spectators or other third parties.
- All prizes must be collected on the day at the event prize giving. Event “goodies” must be collected on the day of the Event. Tri Angus reserves the right to charge for packaging and carriage at cost, plus a £5 admin fee (which must be paid and received by Tri Angus prior to dispatch being made).
- I hereby, aware of these, assume the risks of participating in Tri Angus events and on my own behalf and on the behalf of my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin and whomever: – agree to waive any claim and to release and discharge from any claim which I or they may have in respect of death, disability, injury, property loss or damage as a result of or while I am participating in this event, the Event Organiser, directors, sponsors, officials administrators or volunteer helpers – agree to indemnify the persons mentioned immediately above for any or all liabilities or claims made against them as a result of my behaviour in this event. Said waiver, release, discharge and indemnify to extend to liability for negligence under common or statute law.
- By entering the race I, the Participant, confirm that I am able to complete the event unaided.
Refund policies vary slightly from event to event – please check the specific details on the entry form of the race you are entering. The following example refund policy shall otherwise be in place:
Participants wishing to withdraw must inform the Event Organiser by email. Entry fees will be refunded or transferred as follows;
Montrose Triathlon – on or before 2 May 2018 Participants will receive 75% refund (less any EntryCentral fees). Less than 1 month prior to race date – no refund.
Forfar Triathlon – on or before 21 June 2018 Participants will receive 75% refund (less any EntryCentral fees). Less than 1 month prior to race date – no refund.
If the Event is cancelled due to circumstances out of the control of the Event Organiser then no refunds will be automatically offered. The Event Organiser will make every reasonable attempt to reschedule the event or transfer entries in this situation. If the Event is cancelled due to circumstances within the organisers control then Participants will be offered a refund less a sum to cover reasonable expenses incurred by the Event Organiser to date. Participant’s must apply in writing (via email) to claim their refund. No refunds will be granted after one month has passed from the Event date.
Entries are personal and cannot be transferred to another person. See condition 2).
Changes to Entries
You may change your entry up to two weeks before the Event, and this must be done in writing to the Event Organiser with full details ([email protected]). This will be subject to any increases in entry fee.
Change from a Novice Entry to a Sprint Entry (where applicable).
Change (with express permission of the Event Organiser) in the name and other details associated with an entry.